NSW ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Cricket Legacy Fund
The Fund can be used for cricket facility development or enhancement. Funds can be used to upgrade existing wickets and ovals, amenities or facilities required for playing cricket, or for the development and construction of new ovals, amenities, or facilities.
Upgrades and improvements could include cricket nets, oval drainage, irrigation or resurfacing, match official amenities, seating, lights, change rooms, or storage spaces.
The Fund may support up to 50% of the net project costs, with a maximum funding contribution of up to $200,000 (excl. GST).
The minimum an applicant can apply for is $15,000 (excl. GST).
2. Female programs and resources
The Fund can be used to support the purchase of equipment and resources, and the development of programs aligned to growing female participation. Examples include:
- Purchase of club cricket equipment for female cricket teams, team transport for regional/district competitions and tournaments, venue hire costs, subsidised female player and official registration fees, reducing barriers for participation.
- Funding support to run accredited coaching and officiating courses for females.
- Implementation of club coach and official scholarships for females, aligned to CNSW / CA development pathways. This may include mentoring programs for females players, coaches, officials and administrators.
- Funding support to facilitate female participation programs (e.g. girls only holiday clinics, girls leagues, a new women’s or girls competition etc.).
The Fund may support up to 50% of the net project costs, with a maximum funding contribution of up to $50,000 (excl. GST).
The minimum an applicant can apply for is $2,500 (excl. GST).
3. Regional event content
The Fund can be used to assist local councils to secure and deliver elite cricket content across regional NSW.
- Securing Cricket Australia sanctioned content including (but not limited to):
Big Bash League (BBL)
Women’s National Cricket League (WNCL)
JLT One-Day Cup
State Junior Championships (female and male)
Country Junior Championships (female and male)
Plan B Regional Bash
National Junior Championships
For the above events, the applicant must have an executed agreement with CA, CNSW or the relevant club within the specified league prior to application.
- Tournaments focussed on driving intrastate and interstate visitation to the region, e.g. Invitational tournaments, knockout competitions etc.
These tournaments must have a minimum duration of four days.
- Tournaments focussed on mass participation opportunities for local communities for more than 300 participants, coaches and officials e.g. Gala Days.
These tournaments must have a minimum duration of two days.
The Fund may support up to 50% of the net project costs, with a maximum funding contribution of up to $100,000 (excl. GST).
The minimum an applicant can apply for is $20,000 (excl. GST).